Friday, July 15, 2011

Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try

I've always loved this line, it has a lot of weight behind it
Yoda was wise indeed.

Since I have been saying "next week I'll have a Spartan" for several weeks now... I give you Spartan #9!
His name is Enia (pronounced like enya; points to the person who figures out what it means) he is nothing spectacular, no fun stories about making him other than it took me too long because of lack of time to work on him (and he did get to go to work with me) but here he is!


Now in relation to the title (there is a connection I swear) I am occasionally contacted by people to make things, usually odd things, because my business card says "Costumes" on it, so people think I can make ANYTHING (which is generally true, but I might look at what you want, laugh a little, then tell you no... Seriously Capt. Kitty wanted a scary scary thing...) So this one guy contacted me about making a Luke Skywalker costume.
This specific costume...

which doesn't look hard until you start zooming in on the costume and you realize what kind of detail there is in it...
I did a bit of research and found the perfect base pattern and with a little tweeking and manipulating I made a damn fine replica (if I do say so my self... and I do)





I wish I could remember the guy's name, he was really sweet and thanked me a lot for my work and told me how much he loved it. I kind of feel bad that I have no idea what his name was...hmmm, I'm sure I have it somewhere.

In other news, I have decided to make my post day Sunday. It will give me all week to craft and write the post so that I might actually be able to get them out early in the day instead of right before bed or (like this one) a day late.
This will begin on the 24th, not this Sunday (I'm not a slacker I swear...besides, you're getting a post on Friday, you don't get one Sunday too, that's just not how it works)

See you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment