Wednesday, April 27, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different

I've made a lot of interesting things for people to wear to faire, none so interesting as the sunshine yellow pirate shirt with ruffles.... but quite a few other interesting ones.

I have a friend; his name is Sergio. Sergio likes to design things for me to make for him and I love making the things he designs, they are always a challenge, but in a good way. He is the reason I have a hakama pattern (and his measurements are marked on it permanently) and he is the reason I figured out how to make "ninja" socks.
My first project for him... bondage hakama pants!
 (did I mention Sergio is hawt? well he is)

all those spots are attachment rings for chains and stuff.
The second time I took on the challenge of sewing for Sergio he wanted a full outfit, instead of just pants.
He also wanted applique work done on the sleeves and trim worked into the hem... ooooh I loved the challenge of it! And he made it look good.




I love how this one turned out!
And the third presented yet another challenge for me. He wanted the scarf and the belt to have the two colors mixed together in a non-uniform way (it involved *gasp* MATH) Here is what I came up with.


I call it a success! and I love these colors on him.

Sergio has a friend who is also into the not quite traditional Japanese manner of dress and commissioned me to make him a full outfit as well.





I seriously love how the sleeves turned out, it is applique, I used a base picture and made it into what I wanted (appliqueing circles is hard!) and the trim right next to it sets it off just right. I love it when projects turn out awesome!

Well that's all except for the atrocity I mentioned at the beginning of this post..
honestly I hated making this shirt, it was bright and it hurt my eyes. The things I will do for my friends. ack!

That is all for today, no Spartan since I've been busy sewing or cross stitching. Hopefully I'll get back to them soon.
Have a good day all!

5 comments:

  1. They're all great!! The shirt is way too yellow for me but the style is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright... now I need a pink pirate shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in love with the thought of having blue hakama pants for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth, I do take commissions if you would like to give me your email address we can discuss it further.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's kellie, jackie's girlfriend :-) k_robinson1115@yahoo.com or ya know, since we're friends on facebook you can write to me there lol

    ReplyDelete