Monday, February 14, 2011

Spear and Magic Helmet

Hello everybody! My sincerest apologies for disappearing for a while, I have had a bit of A Week. I spent the first part of last week trying like mad not to get sick and the second half being a lazy lazy bastard (mostly, I did go on a bit of a cleaning binge at the Mattcave) I was going to post whilst in Syracuse being mostly lazy but found that I had forgotten my SD card reader and couldn't put pics on the computer from my camera.

So at long last! The pictures of the skirt I made for v-day dinner  (I told you I'd get them up Monday, I just neglected to say which Monday... heh heh)

I'm kind of in love with it actually. It looked smashing, even following an evening of dressing to the nines for the opera (an opera that a hat I made for Matt was in! I'll have to ask if he's okay with me putting the picture of it on him with the costume on here for you all to see), I still felt gorgeous wearing my creation.
I should have gotten a picture of the lining peeking out, oh well. (at least I got the pictures up for y'all... finally)

Onto the Spear and Magic Helmet portion of our program!
My army has doubled! I now have 2 little Spartan dudes and numba 2 is adorably doofy looking, there is just something about his face that makes you want to go "d'aaawwww". He also turned out a bit bigger than the first one (and the helmet was SO much easier now that I have the patterns flipped, thus making it magical. Just sayin.) and he has a spear because I wanted to see how it would turn out.
Here he is... Rikerious!
Isn't he cute? I kind of love him. I swear parting with these guys at the end of the project is going to be like giving away puppies; that is to say, it's going to be hard to part with them (even though I'm going to be over run by the end of it... ((OH MY GOD! I Should do 101 dalmatians next!!! (((and of course my housemate just suggested I do a barrel of monkeys... hate. you.))))))

And so I leave you with a picture of my growing army, by tomorrow I will have the 3rd finished and probably the 4th started, I'm getting faster at making them.


Until tomorrow (no seriously, I'm starting another project tomorrow) my crafty friends, I bid you adieu.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the skirt!! It is fabulous!
    The Spartans are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete